A LOT has changed

I've experienced a lot in these past few years. I've gone through a marriage, my mother stayed with us for three years after she had a nervous breakdown and was diagnosed as a schizophrenic. I've changed jobs, helped raise my stepson, watched my oldest graduate from high school, had a tubal reversal and got a promotion at work. My husband gets into an accident, I had another child (third one biologically by the way), then my husband gets diagnosed with multiple sclerosis. I tried everything that I knew humanly possible to help him deal with the sickness and for a year and a half, I felt like he was in denial because he wouldn't go to the doctor. A few months later we had to move because I was being garnished from something that happened in 2003. The rent went up 200 dollars and I just couldn't afford it at the time. Yes, I know this is choppy with a lot of run-ons, but I have to tell you everything that has occurred in the last few years. Anyway, when we moved, we had to stay with my cousin for 2 months. I cried all of the time, because I was used to being on my own, but God saw us through it. Anywhooo, that's water under the bridge. Let me see, oh yes, I lost 2 uncles and 2 aunts within 8 months. Then, my mother comes up MIA (missing in action) for about 6 months. So I did everything I think I could except file a missing report on her. I called every hospital, I tried calling Red Cross, but it was always after hours so I never talked to anyone in reference to her, so I guess that doesn't count, I even went so far as to send the police to her last known address. She didn't stay there and had found out she moved a year prior to me calling. I know you're probably thinking that I am the worst daughter ever, but she would call, but would never give any information to where she was, and she would only talk for a few minutes or so, like she thought that the phones were tapped or something. If anyone has ever dealt with a schizophrenic person, they're very paranoid and always thinking someone's after them or is trying to do something to them. So, I would try and talk to my mom and let her know that everything is alright, but she would say things like the "Trinity" is upset with her and she couldn't say the name Jesus. Of course, taking medicine is definitely not an option, because she always felt like nothing was wrong with her. Ok, I've gotten off track, that's another story and I promise I will get back to it one day, but as I was saying, I couldn't get in touch with her at all. Btw, she stays in another state. Anyway, one morning, I was getting ready for work, and strangely her 8"x 10" picture was on my dresser. So I picked it up held it to the ceiling and told the Lord, "God, I don't know where my mother is, but YOU know. Have her to call me and let me know that she is alright" and I kept on getting ready for work. I didn't think nothing else of it. Later that day, around 4:00 I am sitting in my office and I see a 859 area code come across the screen. I picked it up and it was my mom. She said "hey, did you get your cell number changed?" So my response was " No mama, it's the same number it's been for years, where have you been?" She then says " I will call you back later, I have to do something" and she hung up. I began crying, because God answered my prayer just like that. He let me know that she was alright. After that incident with my mom, I finally persuaded my husband to go to the doctor because his condition was becoming worse. He began taking one type of medicine but that didn't work, then they put him on something else, it didn't work, now he's on another medicine and I don't believe it's working either. The a few days after my mom had called, I'll never forget, but the Holy Spirit woke me up on my birthday at 6:54 in the morning and told me to go and get my dad. My dad stays about 45 minutes from where we stay but I moved so slow, we didn't get there until about 10. We ended up driving him to the hospital. His blood sugar was 500, his blood pressure was real high, and he kept running a fever. What he did was a few weeks prior, he somehow managed to pull a skin tag off of him because thought it was a tick. It was infected so bad, it turned into a flesh eating bacteria called necrotizing fasciitis. So between going back and forth to the hospital, working, and dealing with my husband, I felt like I was about to break, but prayer changes things. It was rough, but my dad pulled through, God is faithful all of the time. Unfortunately, my body had taken a toll so I set up an appointment with the doctor because my blood pressure had been running high for months, then I was informed that I have type 2 diabetes. I know stress plays a major part in it also, but I had to make up in my mind that I needed to take care of me. I have a 3 year old, a 17 year graduating this year, and a beautiful 22 year old that recently began working at the hospital a few months ago, and I am still teaching them some life lessons. Plenty of days, they prayed for my strength, and I am truly thankful for them and for God blessing me with them. They truly helped and still help me in other ways and I can't thank the Lord enough for them. They are truly a blessing and His gifts to me. I have to say this, one day I felt like I was going to break, I will never forget. I came home from work and my husband is sitting on the porch, drinking beer, hollering across the street, just like he has no home training. I look at my yard and the grass is almost to my knees. My family keeps calling about my dad telling me what I need to do and not to do and I had had enough. At that moment, I believe I was having a panic or anxiety attack or something. I began crying profusely and I couldn't stop. My oldest daughter, called my middle daughter in the room and told her we have to pray. Meanwhile, I am still crying and I call my friend (whom I call my brother) and asked him to pray also, I felt like something was happening to me. So finally, I go back into my daughter's room and began calling on Jesus and asked Him to help me. Within a minute or so, I felt His Presence fill me from my head to my toe, it might have been the other way around but then a peace overflowed me like never before. Then I heard Him say, "Give it to Me, Sonya and leave it, give it all to me" So I did. I stopped answering my phone for my family members, the next day, my dad went to a nursing home, but he was taken care of. My husband did the yard, and I stopped stressing over everything. My dad is now home and unfortunately my husband and I are separated, but God pulled me and the girls through these hard times, but I'm believing in a change for my dad and husband's lives as well and He will do the same for them as well. I now have peace and I can sleep knowing that everything will be alright. A lot of times, we pray about a situation and because we feel that God isn't moving fast enough or it's not the answer we want, we tend to try and help Him out (like He really needs it) and we make situations worse. Right now, God is teaching me patience. I've told so many people, I don't pray for patience, because the people that do, has the toughest trials. Seems to me, I'm learning it now even though I didn't ask. Please acknowledge God in ALL things, because one simple mistake could lead to a life of heartache if you allow it. Let Him lead you in the right direction, you won't regret it. Well, I promise I will be back soon and be more specific in certain areas of my life. Perhaps, I can help someone today. Ask Jesus into your heart, love Him, love yourself, love others, read His Word, and ALWAYS pray. See ya later!!!

Comments

Diwakar said…
Hello Sonya. I am a Pastor from Mumbai, India. I am glad to stop by your profile on the blogger and the blog post. I am so moved by your blog post. Life is not easy but the Lord makes it worth living. From your blog post I could know your struggles in the midst of Dad not being well, husband not being well and so also Mom. But in the midst all these things I am blessed to see your trust in the Lord and your daughters who seems to be prayerful in their young age. I am blessed and feel privileged and honored to get connected with you as well as know you and about your interest in knowing new people as well as bringing people to the saving knowledge of Christ. I love getting connected with the people of God around the globe to be encouraged, strengthened and praying for one another. I have been in the Pastoral ministry for last 38 yrs in this great city of Mumbai a city with a great contrast where richest of rich and the poorest of poor live. We also encourage young and the adults from the west to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. We would love to have your young daughter if they are in their latter teens to come to Mumbai to work with us during their vacation time. I am sure this will be a life changing experience. Please be assured of my prayers for your husband who is separated from you, your Dad and Mom and young daughters. My email id is: dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. looking forward to hear from you very soon.God's richest blessings on you, your family and friends.

Popular posts from this blog

Fruits of the Spirit

The Holy Spirit Helps Us Pray